Day 9. Mary: Her Immaculate Conception

NOVENA TO THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION



"I was moved by the heartfelt petition that came from your lips: 'My God, my only desire is to be pleasing in your sight; nothing else matters to me. My Mother Immaculate, may I be motivated exclusively by Love.'"


DAY NINE
 
MARY: HER IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

“How would we have acted, if we could have chosen our own mother? I’m sure we would have chosen the one we have, adorning her with every possible grace. That is what Christ did. Christ being all‑powerful, all‑wise, Love itself, his power carried out his Will. . . . This is the clearest reason why our Lord granted his mother , from the very moment of her Immaculate Conception, all possible privileges. She was free from the power of Satan. She is beautiful, spotless and pure in soul and body.”

Let us offer to our Mother today:
 
The renewal of our baptismal vows.
 
 

HAPPY FEAST DAY!
 
Thank you for joining us in this novena in preparation for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception !

As we conclude the novena today, we share with you one last thought from St Josemaria to accompany you as you remain close to our Lady in preparation for the great feast of Christmas:

“When you see yourself with a dry heart, without knowing what to say, go with confidence to the Virgin Mary. Say to her, ‘My Mother Immaculate, intercede for me.’ If you invoke her with faith, she will make you taste in the midst of your dryness the proximity of God” (Furrow, no. 695).
 
 
If you enjoyed this novena, please remain with us during Advent as each Sunday we share the day’s Gospel, a reflection, anecdotes from the life of St Josemaria, and points for reflection and prayer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment